October 12, 2006

From the Desk of Hugh Jackman


Dear Stale Popcorn readers,

I'm sure you know who I am. I'm Hugh Jackman! Today, incase you weren't sure, is my 38th birthday. Yeah, I know! That's pretty big. I'm having a pretty big year in general. Firstly, there's my birthday, I'm finishing up my Boy From Oz tour of Australia, I've had two movies out already (X-Men 3 and Scoop. Did you see them?) and I have another four to be released before the end of the year. I voice characters in Happy Feet (alongside Nicole Kidman) and Flushed Away. And next week I get to go all 18th century on y'all arses as a Magician. I get to star with Scarlett Johansson again. I'm lucky. I also have The Fountain, that cinephile's wet dream of sorts.

I then have another seven titles in some form of production. A Plumm Summer could forseeably become my seventh 2006 release. I have The Tourist with Ewan McGregor. I have two projects with Nicole Kidman rearing to go - Baz Luhmann's untitled epic (the one that Russell Crowe dumped) and Wong Kar-Wai's remake of The Lady from Shanghai! Bonza, right? I know. I then have my Wolverine X-Men spinoff and two movies called Rebound Guy and If You Could See Me Now that have been announced. Phew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Not to mention I'm raising my two kids with my wife Deborra-Lee Furness - by the way, did you see her in Jindabyne? She acted up a storm!

Now, today is indeed my birthday - but you know what? Tomorrow is Glenn's 21st birthday, and that's of equal important. We need people like Glenn. Especially since one of my favourite Aussie bloggers retired. Glenn is one of my biggest fans. Always has been. All the way back when I was making Australian movies like Paperback Hero (which, if I say so myself, I looked mighty fine in thank you very much) and Erskineville Kings <-see that one! It proves I'm not just a really really pretty face with a body to die for a killer singing voice. No siree. Oh, and Glenn has been known to talk about me from time to time.

So, today celebrate ME because I'm awesome and you know it. And then tomorrow celebrate Glenn cause he's awesome and you know it (unless you're that guy who e-mailed him saying you'd bash him to the ground because he criticised Hilary Skank Swank.)

Cheers,

Hugh Jackman

9 comments:

adam k. said...

Hm, your birthday is one day after Hugh Jackman's and mine is one day after Meryl Streep's.

We rule.

richardwatts said...

Happy birthday Hugh; and happy birthday for tomorrow, Glenn.

Glenn Dunks said...

Adam, we really do. I'm not even slightly joking. :P

Thanks Rich (can I call you Rich on the net?)

Jason Adams said...

Well my birthday is the same day as Brian Austin Green's, so try and beat that! ;-)

richardwatts said...

Sure you can - although according to another blog-friend, MsKP over at PathofMostResistance, I should henceforth be referred to as Tricky. Not quite sure about that one...

So yeah, Rich is fine - and happy birthday for today! I hope you get to celebrate in a suitable style, be that understated or debaucherous.

Me, I think my next birthday should be celebrated somewhere like Shortbus, if only that salon was a real place...

Javier Aldabalde said...

Well, it's Friday here, so happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's for another year of delicious, brand new popcorn.

Jason Adams said...

Happy bday, Glenn! I keep trying to post a birthday wish comment to your MySpace page, but as always, MySpace sucks. Anyway, ENJOY!

Yaseen Ali said...

Happy Birthday, Glenn! You have - by far - the most entertaining blog among us all. Whenever I need a good laugh, I always look here for guaranteed hilarity. I wish you all the happiness in the world, and I hope that you are swept off your feet by a Hugh Jackman look-alike. Er, with Italian genes.

Better yet, just make it a Bobby Cannavale look-alike.

Simon A said...

Druuuuunk.