June 8, 2007

American Trailer

I figured I'd been discussing music a lot today so I should probably give you guys some movie goodness. Here is the trailer for American Gangster. I have been a bit psyched about this movie for a while. It's directed by Ridley Scott for one and secondly it stars Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. I am a huge fan of Crowe's acting (even if the man himself is kind of a tool) so I'll be happy to see him on the screen for the first time since Cinderella Man. I wasn't a fan of Denzel Washington in his Oscar-winning Training Day, so I just hope that he doesn't suffocate the movie, but I still hold lots of faith. I prediced it'd do quite handsomely at next year's Academy Awards and, well, there were also those posters which I all but ate using a knife and fork to devour their awesomeness.

I think they're taking a bit of a cue from Scorsese's The Departed, but that's alright. They gotta do what they gotta do. Below are some screencaps for shits and giggles. Could Roger Bart become a player in the Best Supporting Actor category? Can Russell Crowe even attempt to overthrow Denzel in Best Actor - or could they nominate both?! Or is Russell actually Supporting? The trailer doesn't focus on him as much, and considering they tried to pass Leo DiCaprio off as Supporting for The Departed last year I wouldn't put it past them. Ooh, the questions I want answered now! Alas, America has to wait until November. I hope I and everyone else on planet Earth doesn't have to wait much longer.





1 comment:

Paxton Hernandez said...

Geez, the trailer makes look the film like cheap crap. Hope it's not.

But I'm not a Scott neither Washigton, neither Crowe fan, anyway.

Have a good weekend,