October 25, 2006

Russell Crowe is a wank

Okay, let me get this straight first. I really like Russell. I think he's a great actor and I gotta respect him for hosting the AFI awards last year and, well, not sucking! But I just could not stop myself from laughing when I read this at ComingSoon. I mean... who does he think he's fooling?

CS: Many people who saw "Cinderella Man" last year thought it was a shoe-in for Oscars, but it was snubbed. How did you feel about that?
Crowe: Well, when I see some of the decisions that are made, you do ask yourself how you can take it seriously. I believe "Cinderella Man," for example, I think we had three nominations at the end of the day for a film that I believed deserved a lot more, and not just with my own work, but Ron Howard's work, Renée Zellweger's work, Paul Giamatti. Paul Giamatti not winning Best Supporting Actor for that performance, you have to stand back and say, "Well, it's not healthy to take any of this seriously." The thing is I talk about "Cinderella Man" ten times a day. I'll be walking down the street and people stop me and they put their hand on their heart and they start to cry. I'll be having those conversations ten years from now. It will be interesting to see how many conversations people are having about other films down the road.


I call bullshit! I do not believe for one single second that 10 people a day come up to him and cry over that movie. And this is from somebody who actually sorta liked the movie (Yeah, I know. Strange.) True to form though, I thought Paul Giamatti was the worst part of the film.

I'm also gonna just pretend that A Good Year doesn't exist (not only does it feature that male-Dakota, Freddy Highmore) but it just looks awful. I'll wait for American Gangster and 3:10 to Yuma thank you very much.

2 comments:

Yaseen Ali said...

It's no surprise that Crowe would poo-poo the Academy's pick for Supporting Actor: he and Clooney are not on good terms.

But yeah, you're right about this sketchy response given by the actor. Ten times a day? No one I know talks about Cinderella Man - even when it was in wide release, no one was interested.

adam k. said...

OK all you've said is true, but how hot is Crowe in that pic?

Sorry. I know.

But that glorious hair, the unseen shirtlessness, the little twinkle in his eye... I'd jump on that right now.