October 25, 2006

Brief Mind Spasms

So, it's pretty much a well documented fact that there's a lot of shit going on in the world. Most of that is because human beings are horrible creatures. But, you know what I like? I like it when somebody stops being the cliche society tells us they should be and becomes the sort of person you wish everybody was.

I won't mention who I'm speaking of because only a scant few of you readers will even know him, but I don't understand why this 16-year-old male high schooler can be so unestablishment and carefree in regards to certain things such as a person's sexuality, yet legions of seemingly well-adjusted adults can't.

It's people like him and others like him that actually makes me glad I'm growing up now and not 20, 30, 40 years ago. I mean, were 16-year-olds so nonchalantly accepting back then? I doubt it. The cliche tells us that if you're 16 and a male you must "hate fags" or whatever and that if you befriend one you're obviously gay too.

So, I thank whoever it is I thank for small miracles. I'm so glad my friends aren't hate-mongering wankers.

(and no, I'm not drunk. I had to make that clear, but Children of Men got me thinking about life and society and then my friend just kind of hit me for six. This entry probably made no sense. I need sleep.)

3 comments:

DL said...

Hear hear! (Or is it "here here!"?)

Even though I have noo idea who you're speaking of.

Glenn Dunks said...

If you did I'd be kinda scared cause... how?

adam k. said...

Yeah, I don't know this person either.

But yes, there is a lot of stupid shit going on in the world.

I just found out my good friend has no intention of voting next month. And I was like... "but... how...?"