June 29, 2007

The 8 Things Meme

So, I'm feeling a little bit worse for ware today (getting ridiculously drunk can do that to you) so I thought I'd use the time to do this meme that I got tagged with doing by My New Plaid Pants' resident blogger Ja. The soul point of the meme is merely to state eight things about myself that you guys wouldn't know. I've done this thing before.

The rules:

1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I'm pretty sure I drank an entire bottle of Smirnoff last night, yet I still don't have a hangover (just a tired body). I only get hangovers from wine and especially goon. I'm surprised I could get to sleep last night considering the amount of red bull I also had. Too many Vodka+RedBulls and too many Jagerbombs.

2. I had a dream two nights ago that Adam was best friends with a good mate of mine (Simon) and I got all snarky at him for stealing my friends and for getting to see Inland Empire with an introduction by David Lynch himself. I have weird dreams.

3. The parents of my best friend Georgie have this friend who looks like Margaret Pomeranz (the famous film critic). She was meant to be at Georgie's 21st earlier this year and I was planning on going up to her (whilst incredibly drunk) and ask for an autograph as a joke. Alas, she was sick or she died or she got turned into a monkey or something and she didn't end up going. I was... disappointed.

4. When I was at work yesterday I nearly yelled at this old lady because she kept calling me "boy" and saying things like "That's a good boy" whenever I did something she approved of like I was a dog or a circus freak. IK sort of really like yelling at customers, but only when they've yelled at me first because then it's entirely justified.

5. (this one is a response on one of the eight things Ja discussed in his meme reply) When I was in America last year I drank Diet Peach Ice Tea Snapple like it was going out of style. When my family was there earlier this year I asked them to bring me back some but it only comes in glass bottles and they wouldn't have been able to bring it back. I was majorly shattered. I also went to this store in my city that sells American foods and drinks, but they're unable to get it shipped in. They can get more Dr Pepper than anybody has any idea what to do with it, but they can't get in a one lousy carton of snapple. Ugh!

6. I hate Peter Everitt. You know, the one from Ready! Steady! Cook! I get so uncomfortable watching him on that show. He's always touching the chefs. Plus, he's really stupid. Take this exchange from when I accidentlally caught a bit of the program last week (or whenever it was recently).

"What's this?"
"Basil"

I know, right?!

7. After seeing The Breakfast Club during my high school years I always held out hope that my detentions would end up like they did in the movie (one of my all time favourites, by the way). Alas, it was always really really boring being in detention.

8. It's nearly tax time. Which'll be good because I have a credit card that I'd like to get fully paid off sometime this year.

I'm meant to tag eight other people, but I can't be bothered. If you wanna do it then you can. Blah.

1 comment:

Jason Adams said...

The only alcohol I can drink and not get a hangover is bourbon. So, when I drink, I drink bourbon. And, usually, lots of it. And I'm fine. If I touch a SIP of wine I will have a massive headache almost immediately and will feel wretched the next day.