April 17, 2007

IMDb Wonders Never Cease

I've mentioned a few times before at the silly games IMDb likes to play on it's readers - such as recomending House of Sand and Fog to people who liked Kinky Boots - but I'm fairly certain I've discovered the cream of the crop. I'm not sure why I didn't already know about this because I've been on the movie in question's page quite a few times (It's one of my all-time favourites, and I've discussed it before).

So, the movie is Flying High!, or Airplane!, but I call it Flying High! because that's what it's called here.

Remember the inflatable autopilot Otto? Well, he has an IMDb profile. No kidding. In the trivia section it has "Is a balloon"! Man, the comedy from Flying High! just never ceases to get me into hysterics.

Although, I think there's one IMDb profile that gets me laughing more, actually. That is of poor Anne Sellors.

She has one credit to her name and that is of "Woman Who Urinates Herself" in Threads from 1984. The worst part is... SHE'S UNCREDITED! Ugh. Hard luck, there.


I really do think the IMDb is just playing us for fools sometimes.

3 comments:

Lucas Dantas said...

lol.. i'm always laughing at their movie suggestions. and dman glenn i love that airplane movie so much!! i don't see it in ages thought, kinda miss it.

Marius said...

Oh, Leslie Nielsen is a good comedic actor, or at least he's very effective in this and other comedies.

J.D. said...

Aiplane! is definitely on my list of Top 10 comedies of all-time. Oh, and here's the Forum listing at the bottom of the page. [lolololol]

And Glenn, is Australia the only place Unicorns live or not? I must know!