August 28, 2006

I am serious, but don't call be Shirley


So, I rewatched Flying High! (that's Airplane! to most of you guys) last night for, like, the thirtieth time. And you know what? It's still the funniest movie I've ever seen. Just non-stop hilarity. My favourite character is the extemely gay Johnny (Repunzal! Repunzal!). Every single line of his cracks me up, but the best bit is when he randomly jumped into frame, grabs the fat guy's belly and goes "And Leon is getting laaaaargeeeeer" LOL I have no idea why.

Also, am I whacked out crazy for thinking Robert Hays is a total dreamboat (i still love that word) in this movie? Like, I can't find any proof that he was good looking anywhere else but in this movie. Or maybe it's just my thing for uniforms striking up again.... hmmm (btw, the pictures don't do him justice)


The best scene is the one in the army hospital. Water spitting, Ethel Merman impersonaters played by Ethel Merman and the line "Headquarters! What is it?" "It's a big building with generals in it, but that's not important right now." LOVES IT.

But, still, after every viewing my two favourite lines in the whole movie?

"Oh Stewardess, I speak jive!"

and

"I haven't felt this awful since I saw that Ronald Reagan film!"

LOL! A+, really.

1 comment:

Emma said...

YES! Laugh a second.