March 24, 2007

Football!

Hmmm. Football season starts up again next week. AFL (Australian Football League) is one of the only sports I actually follow week to week. I'm lame and support two teams (most normal people only go for one). Naturally, I barrack for the gool ol' Geelong Cats (fact: David Mensch, a former player, used to date Portia De Rossi when she lived here in Grovedale. omg gross :P ) and I also go for the Fremantle Dockers. Glad they're finally coming good since their beginnings were so... well, awful. Anyway. I have a major thing for Freo's captain Matthew Pavlich but there are no good pictures of him out there! What's the deal with that? So here's a picture of him squatting... I think he just kicked a goal.

Man, Aussie football is so much better than shitty American football. Sure, it doesn't make a lick of sense if you haven't grown up with it, but, please, our game has hot muscular men running around in short shorts and sleeveless journseys. Sure, some of them are drug-addicted fuckwits (Ben Cousins = Arsehole) but they're mostly from the West Coast Eagles and who likes them in the first place, anyway?

So, essentially, what I'm getting at is AFL > That American thing called "football". I don't get that sport at all. Also, does American Football have this? NO IT DOESN'T. Or, if it does, I haven't seen it and I need to re-evaluate.

Wait... why am I even talking about sport?

No comments: