December 27, 2006

From the desk of Penélope Cruz


Querida Helen Mirren,

Por favor deje de robar todos mis premios. Trabajé realmente realmente con fuerza para dar la interpretación que di este año, y luego usted viene y comienza a ganar todo. Y quiero decir realmente todo. Es desalentador. Probablemente no estaré alguna vez que bueno otra vez, pero usted es fantástico en todo que usted hace. Por qué usted tiene que ser tal un maligno y decidir jugar a una verdadera persona de vida este año. No es justo. ¡Sé que el nombramiento es el verdadero honor, pero la hembra por favor! Merezco aquella estatua en mi capa. Usted era grande aunque. Sólo … usted saben. Yo era mejor.

Con Amor Siempre,

Penélope Cruz

6 comments:

Yaseen Ali said...

Here's what a translator produced for me:

Dear Helen Mirren,

Please lets rob all my prizes. I really really worked with force to give the interpretation that I gave east year, and soon you come and begin to gain everything. And I mean really everything. He is discouraging. Probably I will not be sometimes that good again, but you are fantastic in whom you do. Why you must be so a malignant one and to decide to play a true person of east life year. He is not just. I know that the appointment is the true honor, but the female please! I deserve that statue in my layer. You were great although. ... you only know. I was mejor.

Love Always,
Penelope Cruz

Sid said...

Lol! I was just gonna paste that same translation...

Glenn Dunks said...

LOL. Well, er, that's not exactly what I put into the translator to get the Spanish. But it got the message across.

adam k. said...

HA, that sounds like something I'd write when I haven't slept for 40 hours and am delirious. It's kind of amazing. Picturing Penelope actually saying it to Helen in her broken English is what truly makes it amazing.

Also, that picture of Cruz is amazing. It's kinda the best she's ever looked. Why have I not seen that one? Hotness.

Javier Aldabalde said...

Best. post. ever.

Most hilarious use of Spanish ever, too, you should use me as your official translator, I feel completely betrayed!

Glenn Dunks said...

Adam, I dunno. It just came up in Google. It's from the scene where she sings "Volver" (well, she mimes so somebody else's singing) aka the best scene in the movie.

Javi, I would have but it was Christmas and I wasn't sure whether you'd get around to it sooner rather than later.

(I tried my best. I am officially English-only I'm afraid)