April 28, 2006

And "2:37" makes three, Nicole gets hitched + Pfeiffer Pfreakiness

A third Aussie film has been selected for Cannes to play in the Un Certain Regard section. 2:37 by director Murali Thalluri now joins Suburban Mayhem which we've already discussed, as well as Rolf de Heer's upcoming Ten Canoes. The latter film, which I am quite excited about, is the first Australian feature (or, any country's for that matter, obviously) to feature an all aboriginal cast using indigenous language (the Ganalbingu) and features David Gulpilil as the storyteller. I love me some David Gulpilil. He was #77 on the 2000's coundown for his great performance in The Tracker and he was also in Rabbit-Proof Fence amongst many older films like Walkabout. Rolf de Heer has previously made The Tracker, Bad Boy Bubby, The Old Man Who Read Love Stories and Alexandra's Project (Helen Buday, #98, Acting 2000's Countdown) along with a whole bunch more.

--

In news relating to celebrities (my favourite!) Nicole Kidman is goin' to the chapel! Reports say Nic and Keith Urban are getting married in an Australian ceremony in June. It's a bit odd though considering June is Australia's winter. Maybe that's just a thing to get people's noses off the real scent. I find this imminent marriage much more normal than Kidman's ex Tom Cruise and his fiancee Katie. If for no other reason than Nicole and Keith are actually the same age! And it's nice that these two Aussie's are getting married. So... congrats... if it's true!

--

In pfreaky pfeiffer related news! I just went out and got the mail and I pfound I had received a DVD in the mail. I always get excited to pfind out what one if might be and I opened it up and pfound that they send me The Witches of Eastwick which is sort of crazy. I mentioned on Queering the Apparatus (in their Pfeiffer blog issue) that I really wanted to see Eastwick cause I LOVE Pfeiffer and Cher and really like Nicholson and Sarandon. Well... how pfortuitous.

--

Nathaniel over atPfeiffer Blogathon Central posts more Pfeiffer goodies. Go read! After you've read mine of course :p

3 comments:

The bunny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The bunny said...

I unwittingly stumbled into an interesting story about the writer/director of "2:37".

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »