June 16, 2007

Yuma Trailer

JoBlo got the heads up of the trailer at Yahoo for 3:10 to Yuma, the upcoming western starring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. This film is sort of in the limbo of anticipation and not-really-caring from me. It does look quite good, even though the trailer shows you practically every plot twist up to the final scene.

The traditional western isn't my favourite genre, in fact it's probably one of my least favourite, but I have admittedly not seen some of the classics of the genre. I like Shane though! And I thought Kevin Costner's recent Open Range was quite spectacular (including the best gun battle of the decade thank you very much). I wasn't too keen on this pic during my early Oscar predictions and I still don't really see it doing much although I could easily see a Leonardo DiCaprio situation happening to Russell Crowe who also has this and American Gangster. DiCaprio, as we know, had The Departed and Blood Diamond and was tipped my most to be nominated for Best Actor in The Departed after a complete bungle involving his campaign (is he lead? is he supporting?) and then ended up being nominated for the lesser Blood Diamond.

Anyway. I'll probably see Yuma purely for the cast.

*edit - and the trailer for No Country for Old Men.

No comments: