March 2, 2007

Marky Mark doesn't feel the good vibrations

As much of a hottie Mark Wahlberg is (sure, his foppy hair in The Departed wasn't, but did you see him at the Oscars? *giggles*), I'm sort of glad that he was creeped out about having to have sex with Joaquin Phoenix. Apparently he and Joaquin were up for roles in Ang Lee's masterpiece Brokeback Mountain, but both were creeped out by the tent scene. Although I find it hard to believe that the man who posed for the picture to the left doesn't believe in his masculinity enough, there is the fact that he would have been all wrong for the role, so in a way it's sort of good that he thinks of having to, oh I dunno, act as if he's in love with a guy, is sort of repulsive.

He still hasn't seen the final product of Brokeback Mountain. Maybe he should go watch Crash.

Let it be known that I still actually like "Crash", I just like paying it out for beating a much superior movie to Best Picture. I still don't understand that.

2 comments:

Craig Hickman said...

River Phoenix would've been perfect in Brokeback Mountain.

Not so sure about Joachim.

Mark Wahlberg just lost a few of his gold stars in my book.

Thanks for sharing.

Glenn Dunks said...

But how old would River have been in 2005? Either way, yeah. It was as if the role was written for River even though he had been dead for, like, 10 years or however long it's been.

Maybe that's why Gus Van Sant dropped out. He couldn't find anyone that he could see topping what River would do?

I doubt it, but it's fun to hypothesise.