March 26, 2007

Joan + God


I hadn't seen this wonderful clip on YouTube before. It's of Bruce Springsteen (aka God) performing "Light of Day" (from the Paul Schrader film of the same name) with Joan Jett. It's a kickarse song and these two perform the hell out of it.

It's my goal to see Bruce in concert sometime in my time (well, let's be honest, his. he's a bit older than me). If all goes accordingly his next album should be on the bigger rockier side (he usually does a rock album then a smaller bluesier album and then back to the rock) and considering his last two have been on the small intimate side of things (Devils & Dust was a stunner though, wasn't it? "Reno" is so so so great) then hopefully his next will be the type of album he does a big studio tour for and if that happens (and it comes to Australia, hi Madonna!) then I'm gonna do my darndest to go. Please Bruce, do it for me!

No comments: