January 3, 2007

SAG and PGA Predix

SAG

edited due to category mismanagement (<-Kris via Adam). God, these people are dumb.

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Cast
The Departed
The Devil Wears Prada
Dreamgirls
Little Miss Sunshine
The Queen
ALT: Babel

I'm nervously picking The Queen over Babel. They both have two well known stars and a bunch of littler ones (Pitt/Blanchett, Mirren/Cromwell). I think The Queen is more of an actors movie, so I chose that. It's strange that The Devil Wears Prada is here, but it totally deserves it and if this prediction comes through then... well, I'll be happier than... something happy for some reason. I also feel like they could give Robert Altman one last honour with A Prairie Home Companion.. hmmm...? I also really wanna say Bobby cause I guessed that for the Globe position, but... really?

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Sasha Baron Cohen, Borat
Ryan Gosling, Half Nelson
Peter O'Toole, Venus
Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness
Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland
ALT: Leonardo DiCaprio, Blood Diamond

So, DiCaprio is out of Lead for The Departed and I'm not sure he'll make it for Blood Diamond, so I moved O'Toole back into the mix and DiCaprio as an alternate.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Penelope Cruz, Volver
Judi Dench, Notes on a Scandal
Helen Mirren, The Queen
Meryl Streep, The Devil Wears Prada
Kate Winslet, Little Children
ALT: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Sherrybaby

I think the Oscar lineup will still swap somebody into the mix (ala 2003), but this seems like the standard list-of-five. I really hope that they include Penelope!

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Ben Affleck, Hollywoodland
Steve Carell, Little Miss Sunshine
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Departed
Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls
Stanley Tucci, The Devil Wears Prada
ALT: Jack Nicholson, The Departed, Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine

I have no clue, really. I do think Tucci will show up though. I replaced Jack Nicholson for The Departed with, er, Leonardo DiCaprio for The Departed. I doubt Wahlberg can get in now over DiCaprio AND Nicholson.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Adriana Barraza, Babel
Emily Blunt, The Devil Wears Prada
Abigail Breslin, Little Miss Sunshine
Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Catherine O'Hara, For Your Consideration
ALT: Everyone, but I'll say Cate Blanchett, Notes on a Scandal

Outside of Hudson, I got no idea where they will go. Both Babel girls? One? None? Blunt? Blanchett? Breslin vs Collette?

--

PGA
The Departed
The Devil Wears Prada ($$$)
Dreamgirls
Letters from Iwo Jima
Little Miss Sunshine

or...

Babel
Borat
The Queen
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Flags of Our Fathers

I dread them nominating both Eastwood films as part of some big giant wet kiss to him.

6 comments:

RC said...

i feel like your predicting far more prada love that the guilds will give...but we'll see.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Kris said...

So...you're linking to Adam's site, with no mention to where the Leo news actually came from?

Nor is he?

Scandalous!

adam k. said...

Well, I figured Kris was more famous than I, so there was no need to link to him. Hope you're right, btw, Kris... but I can link to you on my site, if you want.

And Glenn, Blanchett for Notes has been everywhere, so I see no reason why she'd miss here. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

Kris said...

Nah. I'm just being a dick I guess...

Glenn Dunks said...

Heya! Never thought you'd actually come here Kris! :P

And, yeah, I link to InContention a lot so I thought I'd give some love to Adam.

RC, you're probably right.

Glenn Dunks said...

(plus, I posted this before I read InContention today, so I was only aware of Adam's mention of it. I should've said that in my last reply)