January 22, 2007

The Movie Soundtrack to Your Life

I got tagged by Ja, so here goes. I usually go pretty 50/50 in terms of songs that fit and songs that don't.

QUESTION: If your life is a movie, what songs are on the soundtrack?

Here's how it works:
1. Open iTunes
2. Put it on shuffle and press play
3. For every question, type the song that's playing
4. Make up a Title and choose your Cast


And here's how my movie is gonna play:

Title: Confessions of a Teenage Werewolf (I chose a title of one of the songs that came up and gave it a twist. You see, my biopic is gonna be like that movie Fur. There's weird fantastical stuff going on and odd creatures and so on. I'm not actually a werewolf...)

Glenn as a Kid: NOT FREDDIE HIGHMORE!! I'll be patriotically Australian and say Sean Rees-Wemyss or Will Traeger. One can play me and the other can play my childhood best friend (Nicholas) who disappears once I grow up.

Glenn for the rest: Justin Long in a career-saving serious dramatic role. It would totally win him the Oscar if he were a woman, but as it is he can survive with just a nomination. BUT if I'm being generous to myself in the casting phase then Jake Gyllenhaal. But he'd have to revert back to some of his Donnie Darko geekiness in order to be believable.

Glenn's Mother: A permanantly tipsy Blythe Danner please! (aww, I keed, the mother is lovely)

Glenn's Father: Robert DeNiro with a moustache!

Yes, I realise that's a "Meet the Parents" reteam, but whatever

Glenn's Boyfriend: If the director thinks audiences will be creeped out by me having a relationship with Hugh Jackman (which I think they would) then I'll gladly take the much more age appropriate Jamie Bell or if they wanna up the sex-factor then I suppose I could begrudgingly go with Chris Evans. IF I MUST! :P

Best Friends: Being patriotic in my casting again and choosing Robin McLeavy (Hannah) and Saskia Burmeister (Georgie)

Other Friends: Ashley Johnson (Agi), Mandy Moore (Emma H), Lauren Ambrose (Emma F) - these were the only friends I could remotely think of with a similarity to an actor.

Plus, in the future there has to be a token black character, so I'm giving a spot to Jennifer Hudson who I predict may have a few years of minor roles, one of which can be this one.


[Click to Enlarge]


Opening Credits: “When Tomorrow Comes" by Eurythmics - Well, this song was out in 1985 I believe so it's fitting considering I was born that year too. And the song is all about being somebody that people can depend upon, which may not be me to a tee, but it seems appropriate for a movie based on my life.

Waking Up: "Requiem of the Rings" by Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet - Okay, I'm not a drug user but I've felt, upon many occasion, as if I was one upon waking up in the morning and if this is the song to play over it in a movie then I suppose it sorta fits. The scene can be one like in the movie where I have the camera strapped around me pointing at my face as I walk around the house.

First Day At School: “Morning Tears" by Alexandre Desplat - From the Painted Veil soundtrack. The title certainly sounds apt and I like that my biopic isn't one big pop music list and there is indeed room for instrumental stuff. Plus, he's my favourite film composer right now so I love that I somehow managed to get him to score my film.

Falling In Love: “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" by The Smiths - Oh jesus, this is perfect. That it's also from the Sixteen Candles soundtrack just makes it even better. Wow. This is such a scarily true choice.

Fight Song: “Sexual Heeling" by Marvin Gaye - So... does the fight finish in make up sex? That or the fight is just really sexually charged? I dunno. Freaky.

Breaking Up: "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holliday - OH.MY.GOD.!!!.

...but that also means I'm sorta stalkerish.

Prom: “Frankie and Johnny" by Lindsay Lohan - That's a fucked up Prom! Besides, in Australia we don't do "prom" so if I change this to "deb" or "formal"... it's still sorta screwed up. Although, can Lindsay have a cameo in my movie as the lead singer of the prom band who has a kickass punk hair. PLEASE.

Life: “Ride on Time" by Black Box - Hmmm... I can totally see this as the music over a montage. Something like the one Andy gets in The Devil Wears Prada. It can be me all rushing around to various jobs and buying things for my new apartment upon my arrival in New York City.

Mental Breakdown: “O Verona" by Craig Armstrong and Nellee Hooper - The opening operatic chorus from Romeo + Juliet seems fit for use in a breakdown sequence. I was hoping for a reprise of the Requiem music because that would be nice symmetry. But, still, this totally fits. I can totally pull my hair out and smash up my [luxury] apartment to this music.

Driving: “I'm Set Free [Alternative Mix]" by The Velvet Underground - Okay, so I don't drive at the moment, but it'd be kinda cool that after my breakdown I learned how to and then decided to drive cross country for no apparent reason and this song came on as I left. I could totally have a Cars moment where I stop in a small town briefly but end up staying.

Flashback: “Peek-a-Boo" by Siouxsie and the Banshees - ...? Figures though that my flashback is to an '80s soundtrack. "Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers?" indeed... ?

Wedding: “Take It" by Avril Lavigne - Teehee. I take this song choice as me finally deciding to not be so picky and finally just accept someone even if I disagree with certain things about them. Hmmm. HOW THOUGHT PROVOKING!!! -- later edition - this actually goes with the "Please Please Please" song because, as I said, I've realised I can't have the perfect ideal man and am settling. That's actually sad. Why did I stay in this small town?!

Birth of Child: “Teenage Werewolf" by Faker - This doesn't really fit at all. But, then again, I'm not going to be giving birth to a child anytime in my future, so... (oh, I just decided to use this as my title!)

Final Battle: “Don't Dream it's Over" by Sarah Blasko - Sarah's cover of the Crowded House song is awesome, and I can see it working if my "final battle" is, like, cancer or something.

Death Scene: “Kitty's Journey" by Alexandre Desplat - Another selection from Desplat's Painted Veil score, how odd. Not exactly the best Desplat choice for my death, but I appreciate the fact that whoever's directing this movie decided to put an instrumental piece over the scene. Plus, again, it sort of makes me feel like Desplat has scored my biopic. If for my funeral song (below) I get "The Funeral" from the Painted Veil score I'll scream.

Funeral Song: “Ain't No Way" by Aretha Franklin - Apparently I was so loved that they got a big black soul diva to sing at my funeral. CHOICE! Can everybody in attendance get up and sing along? I mean, it's not really fitting in terms of the lyrics, but the music and Aretha's vocals makes it sound appropriate.

End Credits: “Thriller" by Michael Jackson - Kooky choice, but I dig it! Does this give off some sort of ambiguois vibe that maybe - just maybe - there's a sequel in the works where I come back as a zombie?!?! God I hope so. Like, majorly!

{fin}


If y'all wanna do this meme then go ahead, but if not then that's cool. But I have to choose at least one specific person to do it so I choose... Michael from No-Necked Monster - that makes it a hatrick of links to there in one day.

5 comments:

adam k. said...

I tried to do this "soundtrack to your life" thing, and all of my tracks made ABSOLUTELY no sense. And I'm kind of bitter about it.

I mean, how do you get "And I Am Tellin' You" as a breakup song? Not fair at all. Maybe I should try it again?

Also, cute pictures. Heehee, Glenn pictures.

Glenn Dunks said...

I know. I'm usually 50/50 with them. Half make way too much sense while the other make don't make any. I got a pretty good 75/25 though with this lot.

That Dreamgirls one though. Holy crap that's scary!

Yaseen Ali said...

You are hysterical. That is all.

Glenn Dunks said...

: )

Javier Aldabalde said...

Never seen a poster with that much sex appeal in it.