September 27, 2006

Why Are People So Unkind?

So not only have I been quite the sickie this week, I also found out the other day that Twin Peaks' Second Season has been delayed indefinitely. It makes me wanna cry. It just says "Release Date Unknown". Bye-Bye November 2nd release date. It was fun while it lasted.

But now, I thought "hmmm, I wonder when movies I wanna see are coming out." Naturally, I'm fairly certain the world hates me and wants me to suffer by not being able to see movies I have been wanting to see since January. Seriously. What the fuck is so stupid with our distributers that they will hold these movies for so long? FUCK YOU! Here are the 15 movies that back in January, I claimed to be my 15 most anticipated (actually, my #15 was Cars, which has been released so I went with #16 but that was Pirates of the Caribbean so I then went with #17 - Babel. Get ready to be stupefied.

A Prairie Home Companion
October 5

The Prestige
November 16

The Black Dahlia
November 23

Volver
December 21
(the second last country to get it before Japan)

Babel
December 26

Marie Antoinette
December 26

Dreamgirls
January 11
(The first country after the US apparently)

Bobby
No Release Date

Factory Girl
No Release Date

For Your Consideration
No Release Date

The Fountain
No Release Date

Inland Empire
No Release Date

Manderlay
No Release Date

The Notorious Bettie Page
No Release Date

Southland Tales
No Release Date



WOW, right! We're so lucky. I know a few of those titles will fill out quickly (The Fountain and Bobby most likely), but the rest? Movie Marshall tells me that Manderlay is in distribution limbo (at the bottom of the Aussie release date page along with a whole lot of other titles) but the other ones just don't have dates yet. Can you understand why I didn't get to doing my 2005 awards until May (and we're still seeing 2005 titles).

I mean, crikies! Why can't they release them? And if not at a similar time to the US, then just WHENEVER! I just want them to release The Notorious Bettie Page. I just wanna be able to see For Your Consideration. It wouldn't be so bad even if I didn't obsess over them and didn't read about them ad nauseum. FUUUUUUCCCCKKK! My manta in life: I hate distributers. Oh sure, they have no problem releasing John Tucker Must Die, Lady in the Water, Garfield 2 and DOA: Dead or Alive all in one weekend though. So we can thank them for that!!!

So, seriously, y'all Americans can't complain at all about getting all these Oscar movies in a few quick months because at least you get them. I hate life*.

*I appologise to anybody who is actually homeless, terminally ill or, ya know, fucked up. I like to exaderate, but y'all definitely have it worse!!!

6 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Whoa. The layout for this entry was meant to look so much better. But I can't be bothered changing it, so...

Emma said...

Man. I thought we had it bad in UK!

(Although we were lucky this year in that we got Wind that Shakes & Volver before the U.S.)

par3182 said...

The Fountain - 25 January 2007

Glenn Dunks said...

Ew. Just ridiculous. What's better about late January? God, i fucking HATE these idiots.

Em (MYSTIC!) we just got Barley last week. I'm thinking about seeing it, but probably wait for DVD.

Simon A said...

You know The Descent? That came out in the UK about mid 2005, and it was meant to be here in October of that year... then they pushed it back because they didn't want to release it so close to... ugh... The Cave... then it was February, then I think April, and now it's November, which seems pretty much locked in. US got it in July of this year or so.

At least we got The Cave in decent time, though!!!!!

kidicarus222 said...

i'm with you on this one. i was severely disappointed when i read this, though, to be honest, us americans never got a release date nailed down. at least the australian market got that much!