September 27, 2006

From Your Keyboard To My Screen

I love it when people send me spontaneous e-mails. I do. I've received a few from people over the months I've been running this blog properly (since March, but I started it in November) from people who either want to comment about something in particular (one guy called Rodrigo recently sent me an e-mail purely to tell i'm "one hot Australian", which, you know, is nice to hear even if he is really wrong and obviously hasn't seen a truly hot person in his life.)

So it was to my surprise recently that I received an e-mail from (or at least somebody doing a really good job of impersonating) actor Linal Haft. Linal is an actor I've liked in the past in movies like Soft Fruit and including his small roles in Moulin Rouge! (as wordless "Manservent Warner") and The Man Who Sued God. Recently, however, I was quite venemous to Mr Haft in my review of 'Solo', a film he made with Colin Friels.

So, yes, it was definitely a surprise to receive an e-mail from the man. If it was indeed the actor himself then I really think he needs to not care what a silly blogger writes and if it's not him then why is somebody out there pretending to be Linal Haft? That's quite daft. (edit: I totally didn't even pick up that that bit rhymed. I'm so awesome)

So in the spirit of film criticism here is the e-mail I received. See how much sarcasm you can detect.

I agree so much with your critique of
Linal Haft's acting.
(Can't bear to look at the fellow myself)
How he's got away with it all these years is beyond me.
There's no justice.
Anyway,
keep your barbed comments coming.
You show a unique command of the mother tongue
coupled with a subtle wit.
Your student education is evidently paying dividends.
How proud your parents must be.
Yours most thankfully,
Linal Haft



*explodes*

2 comments:

Yaseen Ali said...

Awk... werd. It's too weird to be a prank - that's probably the guy himself (which begs the question why he would take a blog so seriously.) Very strange indeed, although I didn't think you were terribly mean in your review. Are you going to reply?

Glenn Dunks said...

I don't know.

HE MIGHT BE READING THIS RIGHT NOW?