September 15, 2006

Thank God it's Clip Friday!

I've discussed before my L-O-V-E for Debra Wilson, she of MadTV. That show was the funniest thing on tv for about 3 years when the regular cast of Wilson, Mo Collins, Alex Borstein and co were on. Basically every single sketch was hilarious. Of course, these days there's maybe two or three sketches that raise a chuckle (like the Memoirs of a Geisha spoof that is a riot)!

But, anyway, this week I've decided to give you guys some laughs in the form of Debra Wilson. She's brilliant.

Mariah Carey feat. Missy 'Misdemeanor' Elliot - 'Love Muffin [Remix]'
Oh. My. God. This is just HILAAAARIOUS. Every single second is funny. From Debra's Mariah looking ridiculous in her bikini and on roller skates. The direct-to-camera bits. The lesbianism. The constant touching of herself. Crazyboobyrainbow. MISSY ELLIOT!!!! The constant background wails. The last 30 seconds are some of the funniest 30 seconds I've ever seen.

Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston - 'I'm Not Insane'
God this shit is funny! Just the fact that Debra Wilson does both Whitney and Mariah is too good, but what about those lyrics and the butterfly! God, Mariah really was crazy for a while there wasn't she? Her Whitney is so good as well (see the next clip).

MTV's Icon Salutes Whitney Houston
I've left the best til last. Five minutes of non-stop hilary. From the opening bits "Praise god, yes. YES!" and the hyperkenetic editing and the funny tiny grabs of Whitney wailing. DIVUZ DIVUZZ! Mary J BLIGE. "Queen of the Night I am". The funniest moments are actually Mo Collins as Pink ("Yo Whitney Waddup G I'm here to represent the HERD") doing a medley of Whitney's various dance movies which... well. It's hilarious. I cry when I watch that bit. "Smell me of on this routine". Those backup dancers with foil in their hair. Priceless. The best though is Alex Borstein as Bjork doing her interpretation of "I Will Always Love You" as Whitney decides to skin her and make a coat out it. The whole thing is just a riot. THE WIG IS ITCHY! I would seriously rank this sketch as one of the three funniest things I've ever seen. Just sensational. I even remembe the first time I watched this sketch maany years ago I couldn't stop laughing for, like, 20 minutes. I still actually have the episode on tape that had this and the first Mariah sketch on it, they were so funny. Of course because of YouTube I can get rid of it, I suppose.

But there are way more clips out there of Debra, so do a search and laugh your arse off!

4 comments:

Emma said...

Loving the Mariah one!

Javier Aldabalde said...

The last one was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

"I looove youuuuu"...

Yaseen Ali said...

Glenn, can you please direct me towards your thoughts on Jindabyne? Thx.

Glenn Dunks said...

I never got around to writing a proper review even though I meant to, but there are some very brief comments

http://kamikazecamel.blogspot.com/2006/07/and-it-begins.html

http://kamikazecamel.blogspot.com/2006/07/this-week-in-australian-cinemas_20.html

but, yeah, I still plan on writing a proper review.