April 14, 2006

Debra Wilson is my Bitch



Say after me: DEBRA WILSON ROCKS MY WORLD.

I wish Australia had caught on to "Mad TV" during it's prime when it had the best sketch comedy series cast ever. It was brilliant. People like Debra Wilson, Alex Borstein (who was seen in Good Night, and Good Luck quite strangely), Mo Collins and everyone else). Debra Wilson was probably always my favourite though. Whether it was her SPOT ON Oprah impersonation (which can be seen in Scary Movie 4 out this week in the US. Then there is her Whitney Houston who... well, it has to be seen to be believed. The sketch where MTV gave Whitney and Bobby a birthday bash was hilarious. In fact, that whole episode was so funny I kept it on VHS and it sits permanantly next to my VCR. It also had Alex Borstein as Bjork whom she skinned to make a fur coat. There was also her hilarious Mariah Carey spoof when she was going through her crazy phase. Debra is the best. I love her so much.

I am probably going to see Scary Movie 4 purely for her. As I said, she features in this installment of the spoof franchise doing her best Oprah impersonation alongside Craig Bierko's Tom Cruise. Debra does great Oprah. Comedy gold was when Debra and Will Sasso hosted a sketch from the red carpet of the Oscars, interviewing celebs and insulting them, and the real Oprah stepped into the frame. It was gold I tellsya, gold.

I moderately like the Scary Movie franchise. When I saw the first one I thought it was absolutely hysterical. And a lot of it still is (because they had titles to spoof that were endurable) - the opening with Carmen Electra is brill. But the second one was horrible. The third, however, was a moderately fine way to past 90 minutes. Nothing particularly brilliant about it, but what can you expect. I just liked to see them rip through shit like The Ring and Michael Jackson and basically anything that has even the slightest ounce of pop culture accessability. Have you seen the poster for Scary Movie 4 that uses Memoirs of a Geisha as a template? Funny stuff.



Anyway, I don't really know why I posted this. But... whatever. Go off and be merry. it's Good Friday.

No comments: