September 20, 2006

How many of y'all have seen this?


I watched In My Father's Den last night. It was the second time I have seen it. It really is a great film from New Zealand starring Brit Matthew Macfadyen (who steamed up a few hearts in last year's Pride & Prejudice), newcomer Emily Barclay (who is truly phenomenal - I can't wait to see her in Suburban Mayhem), Miranda Otto (who is the weakest link, strangely) and Vicki Haughton (who some would know as the grandmother in Whale Rider). It reminds me a lot of the brilliant Lantana in that it starts as a talky drama before it turns into a mystery. But, it's just really good. Y'all should definitely try and Netflix it (or whatever you do in your country), cause it's really good. If for nothing else, do it to see Emily Barclay - she's amazing.

5 comments:

par3182 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

So glad there's someone else who#s seen this movie!

McFayden was HOT. And his performance was rather dandy too.

Glenn Dunks said...

Well of course, comparing it to Lantana is rather futile. Comparing most things to Lantana is a pointless task, but... yeah.

(I haven't seen Secrets and Lies unfort)

richardwatts said...

I adored this film. I'd try and explain why but I've had no sleep and my brain has turned to mashed potato... But damn it's good.

Glenn Dunks said...

It's because you're awesome is why.