September 20, 2006

"Life On Earth Is In For A Shock"

er, right. So, I'm feeling much better today. I'm still sick (nasty cough and general sluggishness), but at least I don't have a bad headache and the feeling that i want to die. So, yay for that. And I can walk! I sorta couldn't walk yesterday. I nearly collapsed. It musta been the humidity. Or something. I dunno. I felt rotten yesterday. But as I said, I've still got this virus which isn't much fun. I suppose I had to get sick now. I always get sick during winter but for whatever reason, I hadn't even so much as had a bad cold this year, until these last few weeks where I've been sick a lot. Oh well.

So I have much more energy today to write some stuff. So I'll try and do something for y'all. I'm working at a book shop in town this week called Griffiths. It's for school. It's really boring and trite, but I need to to pass my coarse. Anyway, so today this man, his mother and his two kids come in and they're all like "i want books about dinosaurs" and that crap and then the gran started talking and she had this thick upper-society American accent and it was strange because her son and grandkids didn't have one. And she was so surprised at the shop. Like "this is such a good book store" (it's really not). Anyway. They were rich I think. Cause they spent, like, $300 on books and one of the kids had one of those cashmere sweaters on that Oprah had on her Favourite Things episode! Weird.

I'm reading this article about Marie Antoinette. Remember how everyone was saying at Cannes that it was booed off the screen and that nobody liked it, well it's gotten so past that now that nobody's even sure whether it was booed at all. "It was shown to mixed reviews (there were reports of booing) at the Cannes International Film Festival in May." LOL. I have faith, Sofia

1 comment:

Jason Adams said...

i am channeling get-well vibrations across the oceans as i type this...