August 17, 2006

Now Presenting... My Masterpiece

Hey y'all! The last two weeks I have been sporadically working on a wallpaper for my computer. It's a big giant photoshopped collage of some of my favourite movies. And guys, I just finished! I know there are bits that look ragged or jaunty or whatever, but I totally reckon it looks cool. What do you guys reckon? I wasn't able to get all of my top 100 on there, but I got as many as I could. Some images are merely from posters (including drawn posters) because they were most suited to this. Plus some images from movies just didn't look good so I scrapped them.

On my count there are 92 different movies represented on this list, but I may be (read: i probably am) wrong. As I said, not all of them are in my top 100. In fact, probably only about 60-70 or so are indeed in my Top 100 and those are for me to know and you to find out, so if I do a countdown whenever in the future, you'll still be surprised.

Anyway, if any of you guys think you're up to picking what each individual one is then shoot me an e-mail at kamikaze_camel@yahoo.com.au I mean, it's not like it's particularly hard. They're all pretty easy, although a couple may stump people if they haven't seen the movies themselves.

8 comments:

Jason Adams said...

Took me a minute to find Brokeback, but I knew it had to be there!

Great job! I may spend far too much time today staring at it...

Javier Aldabalde said...

Amazing work! I LOVE how the Blair Witch chick seems to pop up from the background, and how the Spirited Away girl seems to be hugging Uma!

Yaseen Ali said...

Beautiful, just breathtaking. This reminds me of a movie poster collage I did in a high school art class, but it didn't come close to what you've pulled off here.

DL said...

Yeah, this is awesome. I just love that picture of Julianne Moore in Safe. I don't know why, but it just makes me feel so giddy. Same with that shot from Elephant.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Good to see Gwynnie there, even if one of the program icons will probably block her.
Bette looks so bitchy!
Great job, I really like it!

Glenn Dunks said...

Jose, I had having lots of icons so I only have 12 and they're all along the bottom and they barely cover anything except black space.

Thanks guys! Y'all as awesome as me (almost)

:P

xoxo

Emma said...

It's beautiful! Love it.

RC said...

that's impressive i love it...

i come here freqently and was scrolling down and realized i some how missed this...excellent!!!!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com