August 17, 2006

Flags of our Father trailer

...or I'm not exactly sure what the title is now? Do the two movies combined have a different name and then each individual film have their won name? I have no idea. It's confusing.

The Trailer is Here

The trailer still doesn't have me entirely convinced. The war scenes, while looking good and well made, in the end look familiar.

I actually think Letters from Iwo Jima (or Red Sun, Black Sand or whatever name it's going by) has me more intrigued. We rarely see WWII films from the Japanese perspective (and done seriously and not in a 'they're evil' sort of way). Although I can't really tell what footage is from what film. Ken Watanabe looks like he gives a good performance.

I still... ugh. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I just wish they'd stop making WWII films for a while. Seriously. This year with these two films will make the total of WWII films released 5 or some ridiculous number like that.

And if the anonymous person who responded to my other Flags post is reading this - I haven't said a single bad word about Clint Eastwood or his other movies so don't have a go at me.

No comments: