April 26, 2006

Top 100 Statistics

STATISTICS
Performances by Year:
2000 - 17
2001 - 23
2002 - 15
2003 - 17
2004 - 16
2005 - 13

Not very surprising. 2001 was the best year for cinema definitely so it makes sense for it to have the highest total. Ditto for 2005 having the lowest. Although I thought maybe 2004 would have more because that was my second favourite year of the 2000's but... apparently not. As well, I included Uma Thurman in both 2003 and 2004, hence, the tally equals 101. Daryl Hannah is only in there for Kill Bill, Vol 2 though in 2004.

Performances by Actor Nationality:
American - 52
Australian - 21
British - 17
Canadian - 1
Chinese - 1
French - 3
Icelandic - 1
Mexican - 1
Persian - 1

Well, that was gonna be a given. And if I did it by nationality of film (er, which I will below) then it'll be even more Americanised. Blah. I was going by what an actor is identified as. Natalie Portman was born in Israel but she's considered American. There's a few others like that. Fact - 7 of the Top 10 performances were by Aussies, however, only 3 were from Australian films (Lantana, Moulin Rouge! and Japanese Story). Only Allen and Burstyn are American and Bale is a Brit.

Performances by Film Nationality:
America - 63
Australia - 15
Britain - 14
Denmark - 3
Spain - 2
France - 1
China/Hong Kong - 1
Poland - 1

I just went with the most obvious nationality for a movie. As many movies have many nationalities. Some seem for BRITISH than others.

Random Junk:
Number of Oscar Winners - 7

From 24 chances, that's quite a sad number!

Male Performanced - 33
Female Performances - 67

I've always said I prefer female actors to male ones. They usually get more interesting roles, because so many women are so different. A lot of the males portrayed in movies aren't that spectacular or different to one other, thus, not distinguishing themselves.


I'm gonna go eat dinner now and watch "Thank God You're Here".

This whole thing was very fun! Hope you enjoyed it to! Ciao

6 comments:

Calum Reed said...

I am the same with the male/female thing. I much prefer female actors because their roles are usually written better, and the performances juicier.

adam k. said...

Yeah, I'm always saying how I wish I were female, so I could get some of these great female parts, cause I really feel like women are just given more to do... but people never let me complain because of course there AREN'T as many good female parts as male parts, women are supposed to be written more poorly, etc. cause it's a male dominated industry and world. But I still say actresses get all the best parts. I don't think they should really complain all that much.

Glenn Dunks said...

I would totally be an actor if I were a woman! It may sound odd, but it's totally true.

Cause, a) i'm gay and b) a lot of roles written for men are MALE stuff. And the roles that aren't a big flamboyant gay roles. And I wouldn't wanna do either. And females get more "interesting" characters. Like even standard stock women characters are more interesting than male ones. Which is why so many Supporting Actress nominees are supportive/long suffering wives and the like.

Having said that, that's a trend I've noticed in the last decade or so. Men had way more interesting roles in the 50s-70s and even the 80s.

Javier Aldabalde said...

Great list, perfect ending, Wilson's omission notwithstanding.

Looking forward to the next one!

Glenn Dunks said...

haha, sorry 'bout Wilson.

And I am working up to a much bigger countdown of sorta. But that's gonna take a bit more time until I'm happy. But I'm gonna start some awards for this year and years prior.

Anonymous said...

What a great site
September 19 mega millions Effexor overdose antidote valtrex side effects Mayrland lottery http://www.cpu-cache.info/4_athlon_better_cpu_pentium_perform.html Ritalin and pot ge monogram dimensions for appliances Cellulite risks of mesotherapy Roulette web Energy effiicent large appliances Radar detector ricepad poetry written by teenagers on prozac Inn & tennis club at manitou toronto nj lottery Papers on the lottery German eyeglasses commerical http://www.isuzu-dealer.info/Mega-millions-nj-lottery-results.html