November 29, 2005

eep

I'm heading out in a few minutes to see two different movies. They both have very similar themes, but are dealt with in complete polar opposite manners.

Wolf Creek and Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride.

Both deal with death and the macabre. However, one (take a guess) is an R18+ blood and gore movie. The other is a fantastical claymation musical. Can people please give me a cyberhug. I'm scared about seeing Wolf Creek.

You guys don't live in Australia (or, 99% don't) and probably haven't seen the advertisements for this movie. Am I right to be terrorfied by any ad that goes as thus:

Narrator: 30,000 people disappear every year in the Australian Outback
-cut to scene of teens being happy and partying-
Narrator: Most are found within a month
-cut to car driving across barren road-
Narrator: Some are never heard from ever again
-cut to scene of a woman (Kestie Morassi) covered in blood running down an isolated road with a woman screaming "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!" over the soundtrack
WOLF CREEK title card.

eep, indeed.

I heard that in some country they have actually placed a warning before all ads for the film saying that it is extremely disturbing and realistic. Christ.

And then The Corpse Bride! That should be a bit more... er, upbeat.

Wish Me Luck!

(I just paid for my re-enrolment fees for school. That's money i'll never see again)

Ciao!