September 2, 2007

Well Played, Poster Vs. When Bad Posters Strike: Michael Clayton

I never commented on the poster for Michael Clayton because it seemed everyone else out there on the net was praising it (deservedly) and I couldn't be bothered rehashing everyone people had already said. So here is the poster, again. It's quite amazing, don't you think?


And now take a look at the newly released French poster for the same movie. It's not a necessarily bad poster (in other circumstances I wouldn't "Strike" it down) but when you compare it to the original American poster, well, it looks sort of direct-to-dvd. What with it's blue filter and all.


This is also one of the rare times when the foreign poster is actually far worse than the American version. It's usually the other way around. Hmmm.

3 comments:

J.D. said...

I really love the first poster. The second one I'm negatively indifferent towards. But boy, that first poster...

Anonymous said...

since when "par le scenĂ¡riste de La Vengeance dans la Paeu" = german???
As far as I remember that's FRENCH!!!!

Glenn Dunks said...

Sorry, it is French. I just wrote German for some reason. I'm... not sure why.