August 23, 2007

The Sitar Player's Humble Abode

I was bored tonight after watching Sleepless on Seattle, which I had recorded on the DVR (VHS? What is it?) so I took photos of my bedroom, naturally. I needed photographic evidence of what it once looked like, anyway, so why not let you all see? Obviously they can all be clicked and made larger.


Picture number 1 is of my amazing Jamie Bell/Chumscrubber door hanger. It personally makes me feel as if Jamie is telling people to stay out because we're having hot sex discussing poetry. Second picture is right next to the door. It's a poster of East of Eden (double sided with Rebel Without a Cause, but I have that poster hanging directly to the left of me at the computer so I can forever be in it's presense). I also have a West Side Story hanger, which I adore and three random ebay purchased Mulholland Drive sketches. And, yes, they are three SpongeBob SquarePants plush dolls. I bought them at the Show (or the "county fair" for you American folks). To the left there is my Psycho poster and a small collection of random movie flyers that I have picked up from cinemas over the years. I also had my Price Is Right sticker on there, but it fell off one day and I didn't realise until it got sucked up by the vacuum cleaner. :/


First here is my big James Dean poster that hangs above my bed. I got it for my 21st birthday from Mick and Ryan (aka, awesome people, even if Mick is actually a munchkin from the Lollipop Guild). Obviously it's signed by James Dean himself because there's no way they'd sell something with his autograph manufactured onto it. Right? RIGHT?! And, yes, that is a little bit of a Birth poster on the left there.


Next is my computer desk. Things that you may be able to see on my desk:

A computer screen

Speakers

A modem

About 50 CDs including Bruce Springsteen, Amy Winehouse, Prince, Natalie Imbruglia and the soundtracks to Marie Antoinette and Hallam Foe, which doesn't have a case. I really should try and find that case.

Batteries.

The small poster for In The Company of Actors that I picked up at MIFF while waiting to be let into a cinema. The movie is a doco about Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving preparing for their New York performances of Hedda Gabler. I didn't see the movie at MIFF, but I wanted to. I keep meaning to scan the poster in. Oh well.

An I♥NY mousepad.

My AFI Members guide to the film festival.

A half empty box of chalk.

A rubber band.


This is what's on top of my desk. There's an iPod box, a Spirited Away fan, a Moulin Rouge! mug, several movie-related books (such as two different editions of 1001 Movies to See Before You Die), Lord of the Rings collectable figures (they came with the box!), Ralph Lauren Blue cologne, Bvlgari cologne, a fake Academy Award, the lower half of a Breakfast Club poster and my very own UMA Statue (#101/600 thank you very much people who bought it for my birthday).


Shoes! And gross old thongs (er, flip-flops you guys) and a satchel. I'm not sure why I took this photo, actually. Hmmm.


SOPHIE! I love my Sophie. She randomly decided she'd get inside my closet and sit on my clothes (thanks a bunch), but it was so freakin' adorable that I needed to take a photo (which is what started my whole photo-taking thing this evening). As you can also see I have a blue and a light yellow shirt in my collection - how mysterious.

A note from the editor:

I will be out of the office for a few days this weekend so unless I desperately feel the urge to find an internet cafe you won't be hearing from me until Sunday evening. I have eight (count 'em !EIGHT!) movies to see in Melbourne this weekend as part of the AFI Festival of Film so I'm staying up there on Friday and Saturday night. I'll be wrecked by the end of it, but it'll be worth it. Unless, of course, movies of the considerable, ahem quality like Footy Legends or Solo are there. In which case I'll be throwing things at the screen. One of the films I'm seeing (The Final Winter) is about rugby, so I am already incredibly wary, considering the debacle that Footy Legends was.

Wish me luck, and I'll inform you all on how it went down come Monday.

2 comments:

J.D. said...

I have a wacky idea: You can use a repeating picture of your Uma/Bride statue as literally the award for you UMA Awards whenever you do one! Huh? Huh?

(And a totally random question: Are you supposed to still be growing molars when you're 14? I haven't grown a tooth in years and it's rot of just shown up, and it's freaky and it hurts.)

Glenn Dunks said...

Firstly, I tried to take a photo of the Uma statue and have myself handing it to the winners, but it proved too difficult (especially the sword!).

Secondly... umm... i don't know. Ask a dentist, perhaps!