August 21, 2007

Is This The Ugliest Album Art Ever?

I don't particularly have anything against Nicole Scherzinger (despite having a terrible name for a pop star). I like some of the Pussycat Dolls songs like "Buttons" and "Beep" (although it was getting ridiculous when they released an eighth single). I'm not that big of a fan of "Whatever U Like" (which has the most bizarre video clip of the year, surely) although second single "Super Villain" is better. But, having just seen the album cover for Her Name Is Nicole I gotta say - That's Gross!


Plenty of female singers have been scantily clad on their album covers (hi Janet Jackson), but something about this album cover just seems kinda blegh. Perhaps it's the fact that the head scarf she's wearing as a top looks like it was purchased at a flea market for twenty cents and has been ravaged by moths in the closet for the last few years. And then there's the underwear she's wearing. That grotty-looking brown underwear with a jock strap elastic.

Her arms and upper chest area look weirdly skinny. And I don't even wanna know what the smudge is. The expression on her face is one of "i want to be anywhere by here". Plus her hair is trashy. I just want her to put some freakin' clothes on (nice ones) and allow me to get this image out of my head. Ugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, someone fancies themselves as a poor man's Popjustice!

Glenn Dunks said...

Yeah, me and half the music bloggers on the net.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why she needs to publish a solo album anyway. Isn't she the only Pussycat Doll who's actually singing?

And: yes, this album cover is definitely horrible.

J.D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.D. said...

She's a good singer. She just needs better [insert anything here].

And I abstain from the album cover.

Glenn Dunks said...

Chris, I believe there's three that sing and four that just look pretty (occasionally)? I know there's at least one more for has done a dance track with Paul Oakenfold.