August 16, 2007

Five Random Observations/Thoughts

I'm terrified of clowns. I refuse to watch It because of it. The only clown I like is the one Bill Murray plays in Quick Change, but it helps that Quick Change is hilarious and brilliant. But, you know what's even worse than clowns. Clowns with painted on frowns. I mean, really. And today my supervisor mentioned clowns and then I had the clown theme music stuck in my head for ages and then all I could think of was how do they get so many clowns in those tiny cars?!?

Today I had a really bizarre moment at work. I started speaking in am American accent. Only three words ("where are you"). I'm not sure how, it just came out that way and it felt incredibly strange and I didn't like it. I'm not used to pronouncing my Rs so predominantly. Needless to say I snapped right out of it and went on my merry way. Next perhaps I'll start saying "tuna fish" (is it not tuna if you don't say "fish"?) and be wanting to go to summer camp.

I have two scars on my face that I don't remember getting. I have a vertical one above my left eyebrow and one horizontal one under my bottom lip. They're not very prominent at all, but I still wish I knew how they got there!

I'd really like someone to take a screengrab of that moment in Inland Empire where Laura Dern runs at the camera with that horrified look on her face. And how long will it be for David Lynch to make another movie, I wonder?

The Crying Game is amazing.

That's all.

8 comments:

Jason Adams said...

I hadn't even read this post when I posted this, Glenn. YOU AND I SHARE A BRAIN SOMETIMES AND IT FREAKS ME OUT.

J.D. said...

Clowns are terrifying, but nothing beats sharp things for me. Well, Bees and wasps and hornets and hypodermic needles and any type of bug that flies or floats.

But perhaps I'm even more scared to watch IE...

Barry said...

I watched Inland Empire last night. Not only is it the best film of 2006, but one of the most insane things I have ever watched. The scene you're talking about left me shaking afterwards. Pretty fuckin' scary.

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh Ja! You're a champ!

JD, clowns are terrifying but I agree about bees and wasps (and I'd guess hornets but we don't have them here).

I've had panic attacks before from being around bees/wasps. I run screaming.

I blame that terrible Michael Caine movie The Swarm for a majority of that fear.

Jason Adams said...

I almost pushed one of my best friends off of a second floor balcony because a bee came at my face and I freaked out and limbs went flying in every direction. I'm not even allergic to bees, but they make me go insane.

Glenn Dunks said...

I've never been stung by a bee or wasp, but the idea of it frightens the living daylights out of me. I literally swerve and duck and weave and run screaming if I have to.

J.D. said...

Same exact thing with me. I don't think I'm allergic. BUT I FREAKING RUN!!!!! Now, here's two stories, one true, one false...

In 5th grade, I was in my school's gym, and a bee (I'm pretty sure) actually went inside my glasses. It wasn't even an inch from my eyeball! I was freaking out, but I was paralyzed! And then my friend threw them across the room. I was saved, and my glasses didn't break. It was a weird day...

My Dad told me once that when I was a baby, a Wasp came through the window and stung me in the eye. Apparently this has never happened. (?????)

Glenn Dunks said...

I had a friend get stung on the eyelid in primary school (elementary school for Americans). It was scary and revolting.