July 4, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring...


But I'm not snoring (I'm also not an "old man" as the old rhyme goes, but you get the picture). Man, the rain is so loud right now (2.30am) that I can't sleep. It's really strange because today was so nice and the sun was shining. We really are having the old "four seasons in one day" effect that Crowded House used to sing about.

Still, not as bad as when we got those "once in a millenium" floods a few years back and (in my old house) water started to leak out of the power sockets. That was... fun.

edit: so, my bathroom ceiling has three leaks in it. That'll be fun in the morning, no doubt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out the electrical sockets? Yikes! Please be careful dude, I keep getting this mental picture from near the beginning of Ratatoullie-you know the one.

Glenn Dunks said...

No I don't. Rat isn't out here til August! grrrr.

But that was in my old house. In my current house rain leaks through the ceiling! Much better than power sockets.