July 1, 2007

How's The Serenity?

You know, it's times like these - when I've had a terrible day at work, wanted to punch someone and only just gotten home at 11.30pm - that I am so very very thankful for YouTube. There is a plethora is videos just made to make me smile. Case in point the video for The Spice Girls' "Wannabe". The song, which spent 11 weeks atop the Australian singles charts plus seven atop the British charts and four atop the American charts, is pretty much one of the most perfect pop songs you're ever likely to hear and the video is a classic for a reason. It just makes me happy. I so wish they'd perform a concert in Melbourne. It would totally be the great concert in the history of concerts by a band featuring a lesbian, a robot and a tranny. Right?

Ziga-zig-ah, indeed.



Also, I'm not sure why I used a quote from The Castle as the title of this entry, but I've been a foul mood all day and only now am I feeling better so don't test me. OKAY?!

(I love you all)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I just spent this weekend watching that video hundreds of times!! Cool.

By the way, am I wrong in noticing that Posh doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of actually singing? I mean, she's in the back/chorusy parts a lot, but outside of 'slam, slam, slam, slam' she doesn't do a hell of a lot. Her hemline is working harder

Glenn Dunks said...

Miming is such hard work I'm surprised she could rouse the effort to do that wavey thing with her arms.

Anonymous said...

Marry rich...I guess. She's just reuniting to have something to do, not to support ill conceived children of Oscar losers (in more ways than one).

Glenn Dunks said...

This'll make a fascinating episode in Posh's reality series, will it not?

Anonymous said...

Hadn't you heard? I was under the impression it was no longer a series, just a special.

Glenn Dunks said...

I'm gonna go die right now of disappointment.