June 8, 2007

Larsville


I would like to be remembered for doing Dogville. I can't see that film being made by anybody else in any other place than where I am right now. Maybe I'm wrong. But I was quite proud that we could produce a movie like that.

Radar has an interesting interview with iconic iconoclast Dane Lars Von Trier about his new film, bizarrely an office comedy, The Boss of it All. They discuss his infamous "USA Trilogy" and if he'll ever get around to finished it (after Dogville and Manderlay there was supposed to be Washington) as well as discussing his recently documented bout of career-ending depression.

I'm kind of happy that he said he'd like to be remember for Dogville. I think that's his strongest film and his most, i dunno, bombastic if you wanna use an interesting adjective.

No comments: