January 13, 2007

YouTubing it up


I've posted this before, but damn if it's not worth watching again. I'm fairly sure everyone knows for a fact that South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut was royally fucked over in the Original Score category (RIGHT?!), but the nomination for "Blame Canada" in Best Original Song was one of their better moments, and they went all out with the Oscar performance. Sure, Robin Williams forgets the words at the end and he nearly trips over about halfway through, but so what. It's a hoot. Blame Canada, indeed.


This is Penelope Cruz lipsyncing to Estrella Morente's song "Volver". It doesn't have subtitles, but it's the only one I could find. God this scene was great. And even though it doesn't have subtitles you can still feel it. This is just an ounce of why Penelope Cruz deserves that Oscar. Of course, she won't get it, but boy is she stunning.


The video to Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" - a song that I did backflips over when I first heard it recently and voted it as a my #3 Song of 2006. It still stuns when from the opening seconds. "They tried to make me go to rehab/I said 'No! No! No!'" God, this song is good. Super good.


Because it bares repeating how brilliant this movie is (I just rewatched it yesterday, hence it's on my mind)

No comments: