January 8, 2007

Let us ride the Ferris Wheel

My recent love fest for Deborra-Lee Furness got me thinking: What is in store for my favourite supporting actress of the year? Well, a quick glance at her IMDb profile shows just one project in her timeline. I suppose that's something to be thankful for. I mean, she ain't Meryl Streep (7 films in some form of production) and she seems to work on average about once every few years, so two films in two years is a deluge as far as I'm concerned.

The film is called Ferris Wheel and is set to be released this year, but I haven't heard much about it so who knows. It's set in Canada and revolves around an 11-year-old girl (Annasophia Robb) dealing with her mother's abandonment. It stars (and is produced by) Charlize Theron and apart from Deborra-Lee will also feature Nick Stahl, Woody Harrelson and Dennis Hopper. Odd cast, so who knows.

Deborra-Lee is credited as one of the leads though (alongside Charlize, Dennis and Woody) so that's a good sign! It will be directed, to continue the strangeness, by Bill Maher (yeah, him) and is from a screenplay by The Chumscrubber's Zac Stanford.

1 comment:

Simon A said...

It doesn't seem like it's Bill Maher like that dude with that show. IMDb says it's a guy who so far has only done visual effects for Mars Attacks.

The Chumscrubber was sort of awful.