November 18, 2006

Factory Girl Trailer


I've been anticipating George Hickenlooper's Factory Girl all year (it was my #6 most anticipated at the start of 2006 and is still right up there). Basically, because I love the Warhol era (fact: The Velvet Underground are one of my top 3 bands of all time). Watching the trailer makes me excited again. All the glitz and drugs and art and sex and... I dunno. I just love it. And I'm loving the use of Bowie's "Life on Mars". Guy looks fabo (he could play Bowie in a movie too, don't you think?) and, no surprise, Sienna Miller looks as if she can act (which you would already know if you were paying attention to Alfie or Casanova).

I originally had Sienna Miller down for a Best Actress prediction back in March and recently the buzz has started to stir again curtesy of Harvey Wienstein. I don't think she can get to Oscarland, which is just way too competitive this year, I'm actually thinking a Globe nod could arise, or something from somewhere. Unless of course it's release she fucked up, which, considering it's the Weinsteins, is very possible. We shall see.

For people to like it I think they're gonna have to be interested in this era and not be one of those "Why do I want to watch a movie about a spoiled rich girl who parties and does drugs?" people.

Watch the trailer at YouTube

No comments: