September 10, 2006

A question about 2:37

What's the chance that the school Muralli K Thalluri's 2:37 was set was, like, the only Australian high school to not have a dress code (aka, a uniform)? Every high school I know of has a uniform, yet everyone in this movie was suspiciously American in the casual clothes thing.

Maybe it was a casual dress day? Those were fun. Except for the people who forgot and wore their uniform and then everyone laughed at them.

...oh yeah, the movie? Joel Mackenzie reminded me of the actor who played Collins in the Geelong production of Rent and that's weird because I saw him (Collins) on the train going up the Melbourne the same time as me. That was cool.

...I'm getting off track (I'm procastinating doing homework again)

Oh, and on a completely different note. THIS is the pop album I am waiting for (Justin's FutureSex/LoveSounds while good, wasn't the revolunary album he had been saying it was. I've heard those beats before Justin!).

4 comments:

Simon A said...

I think he wanted it to be a school that could be anywhere, like if it wasn't for the Australian accents you wouldn't be able to place the movie.

But there were all those Australian accents!

I want to know why it's the whitest school in Australia. Is that an Adelaide thing? Am I just too used to how multicultural Sydney is? Even the extras were almost entirely white!

Emma said...

I hear the word Scissors and all I think is Running with Scissors.

Dumb, I know.

Glenn Dunks said...

Simon, There was the gay guy. He wasn't white. Was he?

But, yeah, I'm not sure if Adelaide is no unmulticultural.

Shame Mystic, Scissor Sisters trump everything kthnx.

Anonymous said...

I think it was just a practical decision. They had a very small budget, and the money was better spent on other things rather than making a hundred custom school uniforms.