September 11, 2006

NEWS FLASH: Hilary Swank Comes From Trailer Park! (Is Also "Insolent")

So, Hilary Swank is releasing a perfume called "Insolence" (which is quiet apt considering insolence is the noun form of "insolent", which means behaving insultingly, arrogant, contemptuous.) The below quote is from an article in the Sunday mag of the Sunday Herald Sun that I read, which was quite funny.

"I never imagined that all this would happen to me," she says. "I mean, I know I had a dream, and I know I worked hard - it's part of my passion for what I do - but really, how did I get to be so lucky, to be offered the roles that changed my life and brought me opportunities like this? Whoever would have thought that a girl from my background would be sitting in Paris talking about my Guerlain perfume campaign?

She's a subtle lass, ain't she? Also, I took a photo on my phone of the photo they used for her article. It's ridiculous.

6 comments:

adam k. said...

Yeah, I hate Swank. She's just SO the opposite of classy. And she comes off as kinda dumb. And she has more Best Actress oscars than Meryl Streep.

Glenn Dunks said...

BUT SHE'S FROM A TRAILER PARK!!!!!!!!! (incase you didn't know)

richardwatts said...

Oh. My. God.

And were you considering seeing Hedwig, out of interest? If so, when?

Yaseen Ali said...

You're all so mean to Hilary. In the book of particularly obnoxious celebreties, she's the least of offenders.

RC said...

yikes, that photo is ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

Ha, it's like that episode of 'Sex and the City' where Carrie takes part in a charity fashion show, and they tease her hair to ridiculous heights. Hell, at least they had the good sense to play it up for laughs. (I assume this is no joke to Hil's stylist.)

Marco