September 21, 2006


I have completed 2003 UMA awards. Can I just say how sorry I am to Ridley Scott and the team behind Matchstick Men. That was truly one of my favourites of the year yet it didn't seem to land anywhere except for Best Supporting Actress (for Alison Lohman). I think it was because it was just an ordinary contemporary "heist" movie of sorts. I loved it though. I remember having a grin on my face for that entire movie. It happens every year. 2005 for me was Me & You & Everyone We Know, which in the Oscar categories got a mere single nomination (i think) for Best Original Comedic Score, yet it too (like Matchstick Men) appeared in my Top 10. Oh well, dems da breaks I suppose.

3 comments:

Simon A said...

Me and You and Etc didn't really work for me! I don't know why, because I tend to be a sucker for indie quirk. Maybe this was just a little too much quirk, or it was too meandering, I'm not sure. It was pretty funny at times, not without merit, but not one I'd seek out again.

Glenn Dunks said...

You're an idiot.

(but I love you)

Simon A said...

Whatever, bitch. I'm gonna team up with Paul Giamatti and Kevin Smith and we're gonna kick you down, muthafucka!