August 29, 2006

The Wrong Number Slevin

Okay, so I'm not sure about elsewhere in the world, but in Australia distributers routinely change the names of movies for no apparent reason. Why, for instance, change Fever Pitch to... The Perfect Match? And so on. So it was with a perplexed look upon my face that I came across this...


I can understand changing this title (the original is ugly), but... huh? The Wrong Man? Isn't that, like, Generic Title #3 in the world. I'd rather see Lucky Number Slevin than The Wrong Man.

Anyway, I'm seeing United 93 tonight. ...yay?

4 comments:

Emma said...

Nay. United 93 was so... blah. I didn't care for it at all.

Emma said...

Oh. And you dig italian dudes?

Two words: FABIO GROSSO.

Oh, mama!

richardwatts said...

United 93 was superb, I thought; a taut, restrained, suspenceful and utterly harrowing movie. I look forward to reading your opinion.

Anonymous said...

This is so obnoxious. I posted awhile ago about how badly this film ripped the North by Northwest angle. Now its passing itself off as another Hitchcock?

For shame.