August 13, 2006

Suburban Mayhem

I know I mentioned it yesterday but I feel it deserves it's own post: The poster for Suburban Mayhem


(click to enlarge)


Seriously, this is hands down the best poster all year (my other favourites so far are Ten Canoes, Volver and Hard Candy). It makes the movie look so good (and better than it apparently is). Emily Barclay looks rockin' (despite the fact her character is quite repulsive apparently. She wants to murder her father. How sweet). I wish more posters were this visually exciting and different. If I saw this poster at the cinema and you didn't know what to see I know I would instantly drawn to it. "Ooh, that looks good!" (cause a poster tells you so much y'all)

I am instantly wanting to see this movie now, when before I was apprehensive. I get to see it in the AFI Festival of Film, which is awesome because it's free and I don't have to wait until it's release in October.

I bet though if this film was ever released in America they will have to change it. "There are some things in life you can't control. Fame, Lust, Murder, ...and Katrina"

Still, damn this is a good poster.

No comments: