August 22, 2006

Paris Hilton's album

Okay, so I got this (for free) to review for the street press I write for (Forte y'all). I'm not gonna go into detail, but I thought I'd just say a few words. Yes, Paris' voice is piss-weak, but the production here is top stuff. Most of the songs are at least listenable because her voice has been rejiggered (I can only assume as much). However, as strange as it is to say - the album is actually pretty good. There are two stand out songs on here that if released by any number of number of other artists would be hailed as great songs but as such some people won't even give them a chance. "I Want You" is fantastic and is her own "Crazy In Love" (Beyonce). It even samples "Grease is the Word" (or, I think that's the song it samples. It's definitely from Grease. I can't stop listening to this track, it's great. Then there is "Nothing in this World". Both of these songs have a killer chorus. "Turn it Up" is gonna be fun to dance to at a club given a revved up remix.

It's really a shame that it's Paris Hilton releasing this album, because now it automatically has the scorn of a lot of people who won't even give it a shot and even if they do like it, they wouldn't admit it.

Consider this album the Snakes on a Plane of the music world.

3 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

It's not good but it's good enough. There are some outright turkeys on the album but most CDs have bad tracks.

The few really good tracks make up for it.

I wouldn't go around saying it's a great album, but it's good enough for what it is - a pop album.

The production values really are swell though.

Ramification said...

I hate to say it but I have an affection for Stars Are Blind (some good remixes of that as well). Then again, I am liking the Madonna 'Holiday' rip-off that is Jessica Simpsons latest single! That worries me.

Glenn Dunks said...

Yeah "Stars Are Blind" is catchy. "A Public Affair"... I can't get into that all.