May 8, 2006

The Uruguayan Prince and the Director's Branch of Diversity!

Javier! He was already my favourite South American (lol, I confess - I don't actually know that many) but that link is super-awesome. Javier discusses the Academy's Director's Branch weird yet wonderful trend of nominating directors without a correlative Best Picture nomination. God, they really made some great choices, didn't they! David Lynch! Alfred Hitchcock! Gillo Pontecorvo! Pedro Almodovar! Fernando Meirelles! Akira Kurosawa!

I'm not big of a Fellini man myself, but I can see his nominations as special.

Anyway, loves it Javier!

2 comments:

Javier Aldabalde said...

Awww, thanks!! This is funny/shocking/flattering, so I don't quite know how to react but again, thanks!!

You're my favorite Aussie - you and The Cate, of course ;)

Glenn Dunks said...

I don't have a problem being beaten by The Cate!

:P