May 16, 2006

Cate & Sofia!!


It's the birthday for both Cate Blanchett and Sofia Coppola today! They are two of my favourite women working in film at the moment. The stunner from Melbourne, Blanchett has a quite a few upcoming titles to get excited about - namely Babel, The Good German (even though I just said I wasn't feeling it for oscar, i know!) and Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

Sofia on the other hand has thankfully given up acting for the most part, but since 2000 has written and directed one movie I really really liked and another one that I virtually salivate over. Needless to say, I'm sorta looking forward to her next movie that goes by the name of Marie-Antoinette.

In the meantime, let us stare lovingly at these two woman holding their (deserved) Academy Awards. They're special.

4 comments:

Javier Aldabalde said...

Didn't Cate and Sofia turn 37 this Sunday?? I think someone's got the dates mixed up ;)

Javier Aldabalde said...

...that would be me. Only Cate turned 37 this Sunday, but Sofia also had her birthday this Sunday.

Ramification said...

I love me some Cate, I can't wait to see her reprise her Elizabeth role (although I am a bit sick of Queen Elizabeth I as we have had two tv films about her here in the UK in the last year!) ...

RC said...

what a fun post...thank you for sharing it.

You'll find in my pre-review of The Good German I estimate a very high number of nominations (at least 6 and I name them)...

Strange Culture: Clooney, Soderbergh & The Good German

Who will be right???

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com