April 20, 2006

Out Today in Cinemas

I thought I'd give all you foreigners a taste of what's out this week in Australia.


The Hills Have Eyes - Directed by Alexandre Aja
Secretly, I'm a geek for these sorts of movies, however I have a keen sense for which ones to actually bother to see. This one immediately piques my interest for several reasons. a) The Hills of Eyes (the Wes Craven version) is a classic, non? b) the trailer - it ripped off The Texas Chainsaw Massacre shamelessly but if you're a horror movie wanting to steal another movies trailer, that's the one. c) I read that this was raced NC17 for intensity (not gore) and d) R18+, bitches. It's so rare that a horror movie actually gets an R rating these days (Wolf Creek being the last) so when one actually does come around, it gets my horror-juices flowin.

Kokoda - Directed by Alister Grierson
My enthusiasm for this movie has lessened somewhat in last week as the reviews have started to come in. Still, I wanna see it even though I am not the biggest war-film fan that trailer was compelling.

Eight Below - Directed by Frank Marshall
This Frank Marshall guy really likes animals. When he's not producting big movies he directs movies such as (the extremely terrifying for me) Arachnophobia and (the really really awful) Congo. I don't want to see this movie because I don't like seeing animals like this. I can't help it.

Va, Vis et Deviens [Live & Become] - Directed by Radu Mihaileanu
Don't know much about this movie other than Austraia gets a different title to other places (it's actually called Go, See and Become. It's about a boy who must become a jewish boy once he's adopted by an Israili family and we follow this boy as he grows. I don't really have an interest to see this movie despite it Cesar award nominations.

That's it for this week. I really want to see The Hills Have Eyes (even David Stratton liked it!!!). I'll have to call Kirby - she's the only one who would see Wolf Creek with me too.

No comments: