January 31, 2006

Brokeback Mountain (I Love To Watch)

Saw Brokeback Mountain today. Will discuss it in depth probably but at a later date. However, my initial reaction was... excellent, brilliant, masterful... just sublime. Everything about it felt pitch perfect. it didn't feel long or drawn out at all (the scenes of sheep herding and all that were perfectly necessary). The acting was very WOW worthy (everyone including Ann Hathaway - love that sly smile at the dinner table), the look of it was spectacular, the music (which I already knew back-to-front), everything. As of right now? A. I didn't cry, although it was tremendously sad. I started to well up when Ennis saw the closet because i knew what was about to happen and that part is so sad in the story. But, yeah... special.

No comments: