December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

and all that jazz.

Everyone in my family works night shifts so they're sleeping right now hence, I'm bored and am on the internet on Christmas morning.

So for no other reason than having nothing to talk about, here are my top 60 songs of 2005. I'm sure I'm forgetting some that were actually released in 2005 and not 2006. Or songs from albums that I didn't realise they released. My favourite track of the year however was "The Nurse" by the White Stripes - unreleased.

1. Fiona Apple – Not About Love
2. Madonna – Hung Up
3. Imogen Heap – Hide & Seek
4. Mariah Carey – We Belong Together
5. Mylo – In My Arms
6. M.I.A. – Fire, Fire
7. Martha Wainwright – Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole
8. Sugababes – Push The Button
9. The Cardigans – I Need Some Fine Wine, And You, You Need To Be Nicer
10. Gwen Stefani – Cool
11. Amerie – 1 Thing
12. Bloc Party – So Here We Are
13. Goldfrapp – Ooh La La
14. Kanye West – Diamonds From Seirra Leone
15. U2 – Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
16. Doves – Black & White Town
17. Gwen Stefani – Hollaback Girl
18. Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver
19. Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone
20. Annie – Heartbeat
21. Missy Higgins – The Special Two
22. Erasure - Breathe
23. Kylie Minogue – Giving You Up/Made Of Glass
24. Sarah Blasko – Always Worth It
25. Robocop Kraus – You Don’t Have To Shout
26. Missy Elliot – Lose Control
27. Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh!
28. Ladytron – Destroy Everything You Touch
29. The Bravery – An Honest Mistake
30. Rogue Traders – Voodoo Child
31. Infusion - Natural
32. M.I.A. – Bucky Done Gun
33. Green Day – Boulevard of Broken Dreams
34. Robbie Williams – Tripping
35. Coco Rosie – Noah’s Ark
36. The Flairz – Rock & Roll Ain’t Evil
37. The Go! Team – Bottle Rocket
38. Coldplay – Talk
39. Garbage – Run Baby Run
40. Brandi Carlile – What Can I Say
41. Wolfmother – Mind’s Eye
42. James Blunt – Goodbye My Lover
43. The Veronicas – Everything I’m Not
44. Mylo – Destroy Rock & Roll
45. Soulwax – NY Excuse
46. Ashlee Simpson – Boyfriend
47. Audio Bullys feat. Nancy Sinatra – Shoot You Down
48. U2 – City of Blinding Lights
49. Melissa Tkautz – Glamourous Life
50. Antony & The Johnsons – You Are My Sister
51. The Veronicas – 4evar
52. Ricki Lee – Hell No!
53. Metric – Combat Baby
54. Sheryl Crow – Good is Good
55. Dannii Minogue Vs. Flower Power – You Won’t Forget About Me
56. Stereophonics – Dakota
57. Chemical Brothers – The Boxer
58. Kanye West – Gold Digger
59. Roisin Murphy – Sow Into You
60. The Raveonettes – Love In A Trash Can

No comments: