December 11, 2005

Apparently + Brokeback Box Office + Julianne Moore

1. Capote and Squid & the Whale tied for Best Screenplay in LA.

2. Brokeback Mountain had a PSA on Friday of a massive $38,000. That's enough to get it's average above $100,000 for the entire weekend! That's bloody impressive.

3. Okay, i don't know if Nathaniel reads this blog (i wish he would, his approval is what i seek, lol) but I found this in the Sunday Herald today and... well... colour me green (not with envy, but with sickness)

Moore Ships On

Julianne Moore is set to star in the adaptation of the Alice Munro short story
Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage, in wich a nanny is hired for a teenage girl whose mother has died. Complications arise when the nanny falls for the teen's ailing father.

Oh, god. I haven't read the short story but this sounds... well, I'll let you decide.

Now I don't subscribe to the "Julianne Moore is God" fanclub like many of you guys, but I do really like her as an actress. But, come on. Playing a nanny who falls for the father? Save me...

No comments: