August 11, 2007

AFI Festival of Film Screening Details


Shortly after the Melbourne International Film Festival concludes (tomorrow, Sunday August 12) I have the AFI Festival of Film to attend. This is the festival for members of the Australian Film Institute who can go and see all 15 films that are eligible for the upcoming AFI awards in December as well as the documentaries and shorts that have already been nominated.

I just discovered the timetable for the screenings. This year the screenings are being held in bloody South Yarra (last year it was at ACMI, much easier to get to), which means I'm going to have to take extra trains. Ugh. So inconvenient. I don't need to attend the sessions of Noise, Lucky Miles and Romulus, My Father because I have already seen them and titles Razzle Dazzle, Like Minds and Irresistable are already out on DVD so I won't need to see them, although if it works out that I have to be there on that given day anyway...

Friday Aug 24
The Last Winter (6.45pm)

Saturday Aug 25
Irresistable (10am)
Dr Plonk (12.15pm)
The Bet (2.30pm)
Noise (4.30pm)

Sunday Aug 26
Razzle Dazzle (10am)
Gone (12pm)
Like Minds (2.30pm)

Friday Aug 31
Romulus, My Father (6.45pm)

Saturday Sep 1
Forbidden Lie$ (10am)
Short Showcase (titles here, 12.15am)
Words From the City (2.30pm)

Sunday Sep 2
Burke & Wills (10am)
4 (12pm)
Global Haywire (2pm)

Friday Sep 7
Lucky Miles (6.45pm)

Saturday Sep 8
Home Song Stories (10am)
West (12.15pm)

Sunday Sep 9
Rogue (10am)
Clubland (12pm)


Ugh, this being in South Yarra thing really throws a wrench into the works. We'll see how I go. I may have to skip some days and thus skip some movies. When I'm in Melbourne sometime between now and then I should take a test run to see how long it takes me! But I will have to take a train to Southern Cross station in Melbourne. Then take the city loop to Flinders Street station and then catch another train out to South Yarra?

If any Melbournites know of an easier way or know the times please comment or send me an e-mail (preferable) to one of the addresses at the top of the sidebar. It'd be appreciated.

I'll update the AFI predictions when I can, now that we know who's eligible in what category.

No comments: