July 22, 2007

Don't Stop the Music (Video)

Or, you can if you want because it's not really that amazing, but I guess it gets the job done. For some reason I had always envisioned the video to Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" as having Rihanna decked out in a white disco outfit for some reason.

Nevertheless, the video for the best song off Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad (I like it a tiny teeny tad more than "Umbrella", actually) is here and it'll be hogging European and Asian TV screens for a long time.

Apparently "Shut Up and Drive" is the second single in America, while "Don't Stop the Music" is the second single in most other places. Basically anywhere that it's batshit scared of dance music, which most of America seems to be. Your loss!

By the way, the sound quality is shithouse, so just turn the volume up up and up.

4 comments:

J.D. said...

Here's the vid for "Shut Up and Drive", fyi.

Glenn Dunks said...

Dude, that's older than time itself.

...okay, not really, but I'd already seen that. Another not-amazing video for a quite-amazing song.

We still have Rihanna covered in silver and fighting streams of paint under raining fireworks in the "Umbrella" clip though!

Scott said...

I agree with you, KC - I also prefer it to Umbrella. Every time I hear it I marvel that such an aggressive beat features as the cornerstone of a mainstream pop song. It's so addictive.

However, I still feel that Rihanna is the poor man's Samantha Mumba.

Glenn Dunks said...

Samantha... Mumba? What has she done for me lately?

(sorry, Janet's song just came on iTunes!)