April 9, 2007

Music Rage

Rage is such an addictive television show. It's also the greatest music program ever, thank you very much. I was getting ready for bed last night and I had the tv on to Rage and the show is celebrating it's 20th year of all-night long music videos. Congrats to ABC for having the guts to keep this show on. They could be making lots of cash with lame-arsed infomercials and quiz programs, but no, ever Friday and Saturday night they play anywhere up to 10 hours of back-to-back clips(well, with occasional guest programmers in between). Naturally though I got sucked into the vortex of Rage.

Only on Rage could you see Crowded House's amazing video for their amazing song "Better Be Home Soon" followed by the sort of genius video for the delightful Ciccone Youth version of "Addicted to Love" followed then by one of the sexiest and best videos of all time - Madonna's "Express Yourself". After that group you get stuff like "Veronica" by Elvis Costello, "Back to Reality" by Soul II Soul, "Say No Go" by De La Soul, "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash, "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy, "Can U Dig It?" by Pop Will Eat Itself and then "Epic" by Faith No More. I mean, isn't that just one of the craziest and most amazing short lineups? And it's pretty much all from 1989 (and they say the '80s were shit for music. I say they're wrong. Any decade will be brilliant if you only pick out the good stuff like people do with the 60s and 70s, thank you very much).

Anyway, here are the first three videos I mentioned. Crowded House's "Better Be Home Soon", Ciccone Youth's "Addicted to Love" and Madonna's "Express Yourself". Enjoy. I'm going to bed, but I'll get sucked into more Rage because I recorded it last night and I'm watching it as I type and... yeah. Aah. It's impossible to turn off when the music is so good.





No comments: